Monday, October 22, 2007

i feel really bad

for Pip. everyone is always talking down to him like he means nothing or hes not even there. Mrs. Joe, on page 12, talks about Pip in front of him to Joe about how Pip is rude and how he asks too many questions. On Christmas day while they're eating dinner the guests are comparing Pip to a pig, while Pip sits in front of them. worst of all when Pip goes to Miss Havisham's house and Estella (which i think Pip has a crush on) mocks Pip right in front of his face while they play cards. all of these people are saying hurtful things about Pip while Pip is in front of them, like he isn't even in the room.

1 comment:

SG said...

Yes, I feel bad as well. I'm interested how you'll be feeling toward Pip as the book goes on. You may continue to feel bad for him, there certainly is reason to, but for me, I had mixed feelings at times. I'd like to hear how you feel later in the book.